The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

swore i'd never do it again

smokysun

buy a backup. i've done it five or six times, then switched my camera passion! but i've done it, a dp1 from keh, outfitted now with the franiec grip and voigt vf.

here are some tests, done with the sigma flash for fill-in. i do think the flash brings out even more detail. it has manual and ttl. you can set the camera on manual and adjust for different levels of flash effect. also it shoots cleanly over the the filter/hood attachment, which the on-camera flash will not do.

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

Last edited:

otumay

Beautifully executed, Wayne. I think DP-1's flash works wonders and SPP gives the correct white balance (which sadly, was never the case with Sigma SD14).
Best,
Osman

smokysun

thanks, osman. yes, the wb set on flash and the flash on ttl. (converted from raw). interesting about the sd14. almost bought one when they were cheap on amazon - they've doubled in price - and i found reading user reviews they felt the dp1 better iq, perhaps because of the specific lens/sensor fit. interesting what they do next. leica coming out with a bunch of new stuff on sept. 9.

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

Tim

user reviews they felt the dp1 better iq, perhaps because of the specific lens/sensor fit. interesting what they do next.
I suspect also that the magic from the DP1/2 is due the the specific lens and sensor fit. Its just one of those things that seems to work well.