The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about a few GRD2 shots of Istanbul?

otumay

A rare sunny winter afternoon and a brand new Ricoh GRD2 was sufficient to get me to the other side of the Bosphorus. I wish I did shoot with -0,3 exp comp. though.

Last edited:

Lili

Otumay
Nice harbor and Mosque shots.
In the second shot, what is that little Island?

Robert Campbell

Good question: I live on the European side, and Scutari is on the Asian side. I agree, I'm lucky to live here (though I travel a lot).
Thanks,
Osman
We've been there three times so far, always enjoyed it a lot! But never explored the Asian side - the bus took us over the bridge once, but we didn't stop. I rather fancy living in a yali, though. And the food!

otumay

We've been there three times so far, always enjoyed it a lot! But never explored the Asian side - the bus took us over the bridge once, but we didn't stop. I rather fancy living in a yali, though. And the food!
Aside from residential areas, the Asian side also boasts some very important historical sites, of which Scutari (Uskudar) is a good example. Living in a yali (a mansion on the Bosphorus) is indeed a dream. As for the food, well, it may suffice to say that I'm on a constant diet just to keep my weight constant!

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I just keep being drawn back to #1 and the wonderful black and white tones. I would like to see it corrected for perspective, but that is just me. Beautiful work.:thumbup:I hope that you post more.

otumay

I just keep being drawn back to #1 and the wonderful black and white tones. I would like to see it corrected for perspective, but that is just me. Beautiful work.:thumbup:I hope that you post more.
Thank you very much. I, too, prefer to see buildings in a proper perspective. That is why I still use my Kodak SLR/n, as it was the only full-frame digital camera for Nikon F-mount lenses until Nikon D3 came up. I must have a zillion shots of the wonderful historical places in my city. To tell the truth, I never took these small sensors seriously until I met Ricoh GR-DII.

I'll see what I can do about posting mosques and such in correct perspective. I guess I shall have to post them in the Nikon forum.

Best regards :salute:
Osman