The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recapture the absence

W

wbrandsma

I haven't been posting here for a while and have concentrated mostly on my photography and blog posting. After seeing Sizifo's thread I thought about posting a bunch of my recent photographs too.

Most of these photographs were taken with my Ricoh GX200, but I have had the change to try the Panasonic LX3 too. And since today Ricoh kindly supplied me with a Ricoh GRD3 test sample for a couple of weeks.

A couple from the Dutch beach resort Zandvoort.

And the city of Amsterdam (first two Ricoh GX200 and the rest Panasonic LX3).

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
They are all nice but the 2nd one takes me back to
the Dustbowl in the US and has such a strong feeling like Evans...
I can't stop seeing it... Even offline....
Your really in touch ....
Don

smokysun

i really like the first one. the metal ancient, younger guy eating lunch, and farther off the older guy. then the 1 1 1 on the ground. somehow we all go our own way and the same way... echoed by the fish.

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

pollobarca

Wouter,
Good to see you back, Ricoh have wisely chosen you for the test sample GRDIII!
look forward to seeeing the results.

The Second shot is really nice, you were quick to spot that, the 2 in front of the beach tent looking up at the planes , the guy making a bee-line to his spot on the beach.
The Pussy in the window Amsterdam, very nice.Reflections are making this one.
Pigeon in step at the station. The LX3 , first one is spectacular.

All great , thanks

paul

Lili

Lovely as ever, Wouter. The two girls on the bench is my favorite though.
Very much a moment captured with the one girl pushing back her hair in the breeze...I feel very present in this scene

W

wbrandsma

Thank you so much Lili, Paul, and Shiro. Will get back to the GRDIII later Paul, but I can tell you that it is a wonderful camera with a lovely finish. And I love it to photograph at f/1.9 wide open.

Just a view taken with the GRDIII (don't be shocked.... Color!).

pollobarca

Wouter ,
very effective use of colour. Something for me to try and use too.
Do you increase the contrast and de-satuarate? For sure you do more.

Lovely work.

b rgds

paul

Lili

Wouter, Interesting and different effect. Like the use of both selective focus and color.
Well Played!

sizifo

The GRD3 looks awesome. It seems to have that little bit more sharpness and life than the GRD2. I think... based on the evidence, my plan will be to sell the GRD2 and get the 3. However, the GRD1 is staying forever. Well the screen is starting to behave strangely, so at least until it goes completely out of control.

Love the color photos especially.

BTW, flattered my thread inspired you to post here :) . The Small sensor forums seemed to be losing more and more interesting contributors, so it's good to see some of the old posters back.

W

wbrandsma

My first impressions of this camera, the GRD3, are really good. It is so much better then my GX200. I never had the GRD1, but should have bought it instead of the GX100.

Maybe we should start a thread in the small sensor forum for photographs only, like they have with pretty much all other forums here at Getdpi.

pollobarca

Good idea wouter. On the Ricoh forum Pavel has started an associations
thread, each following photo has to repeat something of the previous photo.
Do something similar here perhaps?

BTW you along with mmatsuba on Flickr convinced me about the GX100...
Klavierchen, with her GRDI, on flickr got me interested in Ricoh though.

all the best

paul