The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon lenses on Sony A850/A900?

J

Jamesmd

Wellcome !! That is a great lens , it will surprise you. The Sony 50 1,4 you will love too . I would ad a cz 85 . These 3 are the ones I use most .

For light travel I take a minolta af 28 -135 , great too.
I had the cz 24-70 but for me it's so heavy I changed to days after buying for the cz 85 and the Sony 50. If you can do that at your store , try it first if you worry about weight

Cheers

kevinparis

OK

forgive me if i was speedreading and missed it... but the original question was about Nikon MF lenses on a FF Sony... then everybody started talking bout everything but Nikon lenses.

Can I use a manual Nikkor on a Sony with a simple adapter or not ?

thanks

K

OK

forgive me if i was speedreading and missed it... but the original question was about Nikon MF lenses on a FF Sony... then everybody started talking bout everything but Nikon lenses.

thanks

K
Yes, but you need an adapter with a glass element to achieve infinity focus, which means degraded lens quality and expensive adapter.

douglasf13

OK

thanks

K

Only with an adapter that has an optical element. You could always remove the element if you don't need infinity focus.