The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

please answer if you have the 135

ryc

The metal part of the lens barrel in front of the focusing ring seems a bit loose and wobbles just a bit on my zeiss. This is the metal part with the engraving on it. Does yours behave this way?

ecsh

I have slight movement of the entire lens on the camera body, but, when i hold the back of the lens, i cannot move the front area you speak of, at all.
Joe

douglasf13

That is a common issue with the ZA 135. Be careful, as it often falls off completely. You should consider sending it to Sony for repair if it gets too loose. I saw a repair manual for the lens somewhere online, and Sony essentially adds a few pieces of tape inside of the lens to secure the front section.

Eoin

Yes!, mine does exactly the same. The metal part the lens hood attaches to seems to have a lot of play between it and the focus ring. I feel ring now lets the hood wobble as I walk around with it.

I haven't bothered contacting sony about it yet, it's on the long finger and I'll get it sorted some time soon.

Ecsh, I have the same play on all my sony lenses, seems to be the slot for the lens lock pin is larger than the pin its self, causing the slight L/R movement. I have a little lateral play also, nothing I worry about.

dhsimmonds

No problem yet with any of my Zeiss or Sony lenses. The Sony's are not as well made as the Zeiss lenses but that is reflected in their price rather than image quality in most cases.:thumbs:

fotografz

Mine is tight as a drum, no play or wobble on any part of it ... and I use the crap out of it at every wedding. :thumbup:

neilvan

I have had my CZ 135 for a little over a year and use it a LOT. Several weeks ago I noticed the front barrel coming loose. I took it into Sony Canada (just down the street from me which is great!). I told them it was out of warranty and I had purchased it from the states.

They took it in an couriered it back east right away. A week and a half later I got the lens back, delivered via courier to my door. This is the best part, there was no charge! Sony Canada has been excellent to me, they have promptly repaired my F58AM (LCD leak) and replaced my 50mm f1.4 (sticky aperture).

Neil
http://thewarmland.com

ryc

Well, They got my lens last Thursday and it shipped out yesterday for arrival next Monday.