The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Something for Sony to read regarding customer service

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Hi Dave,

it was a side annoucement to the Paris Photo Fair, from Sony. Guess it'll take some extra time for the service to be fully available -they said "later in October".

Just searched for more information, found only these couple of links, just so you know i did not make this up :)
http://www.zone-numerique.com/news_5694_Sony_lance_un_SAV_Premium_dedie_aux_photographes_pros.htm
http://www.alpha-numerique.fr/index...service-sav-premium&catid=4:materiel&Itemid=5

Sorry they're in French -which makes sense since the release was made in Paris...

dhsimmonds

Hi Corlan F.

I never thought that you were making it up....this forum just isn't like that which is why I like to hang about around here.:)

My French is just up to translating this and I think that it is terrific news and will start to ease pro users minds a bit.

When the a950 is announced with simultaneous dual card writing capability I can think of a few wedding shooters who will be mighty relieved!:thumbup:

Thanks a lot for posting this news.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Dave - just kidding of course, and yes this forum is a nice place to hang around with so many valuable information to share.

Re the Sony announcement, it's indeed great news. Even for non-Sony owners (like myself) the product perception is modified and improved. The loaner part makes a whole difference since you don't fear anymore getting stuck with a long and/or repeated repairs... could still happen, but won't impact you as much as before.

Plus the reasonnable price tag along with the modular time length option (you don't have to pay for 3 years if you don't want to) is nice.

Sounds real good.

(hopefully though, the service will be implemented worlwide soon...)