The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

where are my images?

mwalker

Subscriber Member
OMG....I put a disk in the camera I took pictures and the images showed up on the LCD screen but when I put the card in the reader it says no images... WTH

K

Karen E

What camera? Any chance you could have been inadvertently writing to MS instead of the CF? (The R1, for instance has a physical switch on the back that's easy to move accidentally)

mwalker

Subscriber Member
Thanks Guys...I had a bad disk and the recovery software restored them.....thank God!! They where wedding pictures. whew.....:eek:

K

Karen E

Wedding? I can imagine the heart failure there, LOL.
Another good argument for dual CF card slots/simultaneous writing in the next generation of flagship cameras.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Agree Karen . This is becoming a must have now. With all the speed the processors and cards are doing these days plus the bigger files we are simply putting more pressure on the cards to perform and they have been known to fail. But many times believe it or not some of this is the reader itself gets wonky. I have seen folks have reader issues even after a lot of use with them. Dual slots would certainly be helpful now. Myself i am more concerned about cards that work than go fast.

dhsimmonds

It is important NOT to remove the card with the camera switched on. This can (but not always) either delete or corrupt your image files.

mwalker

Subscriber Member
It is important NOT to remove the card with the camera switched on. This can (but not always) either delete or corrupt your image files.

Good to know...I won't do that anymore... if I can remember:)

Karen, Heart failure is a under statement. I had curled in a fetal position and hair was starting to fall out. How / what do you tell someone that their wedding pictures are gone?? wow...holy crap!!!
Do you professional guys have a contract that you have a client sign stating if something like this happens they can't sue you?

A

ALau

Well, sometimes it doesn't have to be equipment failure but rather operator error.
I deleted some pics by accident thinking they were the ones no longer needed.

There is no recycle bin, undelete in this case.. Just ran the image rescue software. Albeit a bit slow, depending on the quantity of pics and size of card, it sure did the trick.

I got all my pics back..