The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A900 vs. A850

Martin S

Besides the slightly slower burst mode, and 98% vs. 100% viewfinder, is there really any difference between the 900 and 850???

Please advise.

Martin

douglasf13

The rubber and finish is slightly different, and the A850 doesn't include the wireless remote. That's about it.

C

chefboyarlee

I remember reading somewhere that said that the A850 was slightly less sharp. Luminous Landscape perhaps. I think that that was probably just sample variation.

K

Karen E

Speaking of wireless remote - I wonder if they are generic? So for instance I could use my A700 remote on an A850 I don't have yet. LOL

Martin S

How is the low light performance??

It appears that the A850/900 are noisier than the 5D Mk II.

Any thoughts??

Martin

douglasf13

Yep, A850/A900 is noisier than the 5Dii over ISO 800. On the flip side, the A850/A900 is superior in most ways below ISO 800.