The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

300mm f/2.8 T/S, courtesy of Mirex

gsking

Figure with the good weather, I'll get out and play with my new toy this weekend....a Mirex adapter. I'll probably try it at both ends of the spectrum...30mm fish and 300mm.

Any ideas on fun ways to test out/practice? Maybe some two-person portraits with the subjects staggered?

Also, Mirex twisted my arm to buy their M42/Sony adapter. Looks no different than my chipped adapter, except it seems to be setscrewed in place. I'm tempted to replace it with my adapter, to get focus confirmation. Any idea if this is a waste of time?

I'm thinking the tilting and shifting will likely befuddle the center sensor, at least at the extremes of motion. And if so, is there any value to focusing straight, and then tilting/shifting the camera? (Obviously, this would only work well if the lens doesn't move, which could be tough).

Thanks...
Greg