The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony 50 1.4

J

Jamesmd

Hi all

Today after some time not using this lens , all was out of focus at 1.4 so I had to aply -17 of micro foc adj !!!

What went wrong ??
If it stays like that it seems to be ok , but I wonder if something is lose or somethig moving
aparently , and that I know, it hasn't been droped or knoked
Any idea ?

Thanks

J

Jamesmd

Hi Edward ,

obviusly something hapened .

Coul it be someting electronic ? ( jus thinking out loud )

Cheers

N

nautilus

I don't know how often you use this lens and how the distances of your subjects change and how often you change your aperture.
Focus shift can change with both factors theoretical.
You could analyze that to get sure what has happened.

J

Jamesmd

yes , I'll do a proper test and see what going on.

thanks

edwardkaraa

If it's of electronic nature, the usual measures should be cleaning the lens and camera contacts, removing the battery from the camera for 2-3 minutes, then checking again.

J

Jamesmd

hi
Only with that lens ,all others are fine .

I'll clean everything and see .

Thanks

N

nautilus

One more;-)
Did you use third party sigma lenses and did focus adjustment for them?
Sigma uses Minolta/Sony ID's and the camera overwrites the settings for this ID's. If you have bad luck the third party lens uses the lens ID of your original 50mm lens.

J

Jamesmd

Hi Edward , yes its a great lens I think.

I've checked everything ,cleaned everything and I still need the -17 .
If nothing changes , its not a problem , no ?

cheers

douglasf13

Talking about the 50/1.4, I just discovered today this lens can produce a very nice 3D effect, a la Carl Zeiss :)
I've been noticing the same thing, lately. Although it isn't quite as sharp as my SMC Tak wide open, the Sony 50 is very good at f2 and above, and it's my walk around lens of choice.