The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Which 2nd body

fotografz

Yes, some new zeiss primes are on my list as well (18mm and 24mm PC-E please!). When reading that interview, what stood out most to me was that it didn't mention Zeiss at all!

As I read it, Sony will be focused next year on releasing a competitor to the micro 4/3rds cameras (potentially using a different mount?) and replacing the A700 with a D300s/7d competitor. Hard to say where Zeiss/Sony development focus has been for the last 6-12 months (maybe targeting lenses to complement an A700 upgrade?), but we should get some idea early next year at PMA.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the last ZA release was the 16-35, which came out last February/March. That's almost a year ago, so we're due for something.
That would be great. But I am not holding my breath.

Sony has a long record of forcing their proprietary POV down the throats of their customers and being pretty stubborn about it.

I have zero interest in any crop frame camera ... nor any lenses for it ... from anyone.

Currently, the lens line up is fine for what I use the A900 for (weddings and events) ... yes, I'd appreciate a fast Ziess 28 or 35/1.4. But frankly I don't need it ...just want it. :D If I need a Macro, I'll just get a Leica 100/2.8 APO converted to an A mount ... no Zeiss 35mm Macro ever equalled this Leica lens anyway.

IMO, if things stayed pat for another year, it'd be fine by me. The A900s are humming along and bumped off all the competition in my gear vault. Doesn't bother me to be off the upgrade train with gear cash flying out the window faster than I can earn it ...:ROTFL:

-Marc