The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony system for wedding photography

C

chrisssteeven

Not that anyone cares, but I would say that 99% of us wedding photographers here use either Canon or Nikon.

This also make sence, when you need to rent or borrow gear.

Eoin

We do care.....that's why we're not using Canon or Nikon :ROTFL:

Seriously though it really comes down to what you feel comfortable with and I guess a lot of us are after the AF Zeiss Optics. It just helps the fact that the A850 & a900 are quite good also.

Not that anyone cares, but I would say that 99% of us wedding photographers here use either Canon or Nikon.

This also make sence, when you need to rent or borrow gear.
I'm not a wedding photographer, but from what I've read from many pros, you have to have your own spares because there is no time to get a rental to cover a failure. So in that sense, brand is irrelevant. So that leaves just the 99% argument.

Marc used to shoot weddings with Nikon but after a full season using Sony he ditched his Nikon gear. He's not a guy who gives a damn what others are using, he uses the tool that he feels will get the job done.