The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Interesting: 28-75G test by J-M Sepulchre

edwardkaraa

Note that vignetting, CA and distortion results are after correction with DXO software that comes gratis in the A850/28-75 kit (probably only in Europe).

douglasf13

Thanks, I hadn't seen that 24-70 review, although it mirrors what I've seen other places (and my own experience.) It's so funny to me that so many on other forums claim the Minolta 28-135 is a better lens than the ZA 24-70, because Steve Mark tested them both at 70mm f8. Below 70mm, the ZA is outrageously good across the whole frame.

edwardkaraa

Steve's test had several flaws that we have discussed fully at dyxum. Apart from a few exceptions, the fellows over there will welcome any claim that a Minolta lens should outperform a Zeiss. Probably some kind of insecurity :D

By the way, the lens is not a G as I mentioned in the title. My bad.