The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony at PMA

H

hornblade

Sony made an announcement at PMA today about their future plans. Engadget writeup is here, but some highlights:

(all concepts)
- 24mm f/2 zeiss
- 500mm f/4 G
- A700 replacement
- ultra compact micro 4/3rds competitor, but using a aps-c sized sensor.

I'm personally most excited about the 24 and the ultra compacts. Hopefully they see the light of day soon!

Rand47

I was at PMA yesterday, the 24 f/2 looks like a "final development" version (thought I did not get to handle it - enclosed in plastic box). It isn't merely a mock up, so hopefully we'll see it offed sooner rather than later.

I must say, I was underwhelmed by the knowledge competence of some of the Sony folk staffing their display area. They were obviously not just being coy in regard to things they could not share - they did not even have a good grasp of their product line. It did Sony no good - especially compared to the level of excellence at the "other two" displays.

Nice display area, though!

PMA is like going to an art museum, your brain goes numb after about 3/4 of an hour, and it all starts to blur.

GrahamB

I was at PMA yesterday, the 24 f/2 looks like a "final development" version (thought I did not get to handle it - enclosed in plastic box). It isn't merely a mock up, so hopefully we'll see it offed sooner rather than later.

I must say, I was underwhelmed by the knowledge competence of some of the Sony folk staffing their display area. They were obviously not just being coy in regard to things they could not share - they did not even have a good grasp of their product line. It did Sony no good - especially compared to the level of excellence at the "other two" displays.

Nice display area, though!

PMA is like going to an art museum, your brain goes numb after about 3/4 of an hour, and it all starts to blur.
With Canon a no show, I'm surprised with their "level of excellence". :)

Regards,
Graham

JusLookN

I was wondering the same thing! :bugeyes: Makes me wonder who the other one was he was talking about. Hello Forum! New member here!:salute:

douglasf13

Rumor has it that the A900 is on a 3 year product cycle, but who knows?? Photokina will probably have more answers.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
I was expecting at least some news on a A900 follow on. Thought that at least Sony would be able to improve their high end sensors.

Unfortunately not :confused:

Anyway, seems that Nikon is becoming really strong lately :cool:

edwardkaraa

The A900 life cycle should be 3 years in my opinion. But we may see a higher end model sooner than that, hopefully.