The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Any recommendations for custom lens work?

I have a Minolta 16mm 2.8 fisheye, which has four built-in filters that are selected by rotating a selector ring. I used to use one of the filters for B&W regularly, the other two less frequently but since going to digital all I use is the clear filter.

Can anyone recommend a repair tech(prefer a craftsman if you follow my meaning) who could replace one of the least-used filters with a CC30M? This craftsman would have to have the capability to grind a filter to the correct diameter to fit the internal holder, and would ideally have some knowledge of the lens so I can first find out whether the filters are flat pieces of glass or if they have some convex/concave profile. It seems from the repair manual for this lens that the two faces of the filter are parallel but it is not stated explicitly.

I have an email out to Pete Ganzel on the subject, any other recommendations welcome.

docmaas

There is a fellow over on the dpreview forums name of Joe Wisnowski who is quite knoledgeable on modifying and fabricating you might go over there and ask him. He shoots Nikon but hangs out in the news forum as well.

Mike

Thanks all, I'm looking into it. Not entirely sure I want to go this far, will decide after doing some more testing with CC filters. Pet Ganzel has done something similar on a 16mm Minolta MD lens, though he was adding a polyester IR filter to the orange filter carrier.