The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mirex tilt/shift

GrahamB

I should be receiving my Mirex adapter next week (review by Pete Ganzel http://www.dyxum.com/dforum/mirex-m645m42-tilt-shift-adapter-mini-review_topic51123.html posted at Dyxum) for use with my a850.

I've also purchased the Mamiya 645 55mm f/2.8, the 80mm f/1.9, and the 120mm f/4 macro. I've read mixed reports on the Mamiya 35mm f/3.5. Most report good center resolution, but extreme softness in the corners.

In the opinion of folks who have used the Mamiya 35mm, is the lens worth acquiring? I'm looking to use the other lenses in portrait mode for multi-frame, stitched images. It would be nice to also have a moderately wide lens for single frame images, but the edge softness reported by many is putting me off, especially as I plan to tilt the lens and use more of the glass than is normal for a MF lens on a 35mm sensor.

Regards,
Graham