The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

MD to MA adapter

J

Jjcra

Anyone have experience with using an adapter to convert an MD to Ma lens?
How hard is it to convert?
Also how does it work?

P

paulmartin483

There are many type of lences for md adapter.It was depending on the thickness of the your mount which you can use currently.But try to focus on the swap first and see that what result you get after make convert.I think that After you will make convert An MD to MA lens,The lenses have worked manual aperture trigger and so it will not work on your adapter properly.So it will harm for your lences.;

Last edited:
D

debuggerus

You meant replacing an MD mount lens with an MA compatible mount?
The principle is the same (reducing the mount register by ~.5mm) however the difficulty varies and depends mostly on each lens. It will be all manual (focusing, setting apertures). Check here for some possibilities:

Rokkors on Sony

J

Jjcra

I'm sorry I should have said it is a 135mm 2.8 mc that I want to put on my A700
Manual is not a problem. The adapter has glass for focus.

Last edited:
T

Tomm

I'm sorry I should have said it is a 135mm 2.8 mc that I want to put on my A700
Manual is not a problem. The adapter has glass for focus.
Depending on the brand, the glass can result in the adapter being as much as a 2x TC with the loss of 2 stops of aperture (270mm f/5.6). Also some adapters are very poor optically. I ended up drilling out the glass and only using the adapter with my Minolta Auto Bellows 3 for close up photography.

Tom