The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony NEX Canon EOS Lens Adapter

hot

Some pictures with Samyang 8mm (and Canon 550D)

23:14 - 11:14 p.m., 30 sec, 800 ISO, aperture 3.5

23:19 - 11:19 p.m., 30 seconds, 6400 ISO, aperture 3.5

moving a LED light :)

Last edited:

hot

I guess I'm looking at the 8mm label of "fisheye". What work do you need to do on the ultra wide shots and how sharp are the edges.
If edges are sharp or not you see best with full frame cameras - in internet there are a lot of pictures with Canon/Nikon FF cameras and Samyang 8mm and 14mm.

other names: Opteka, Rokinon, Bower, Pro-Optic, Vivitar, Samyang, Polar, Walimex ...

http://www.pbase.com/quahyc/samyang_8mm_fish_eye

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=rokinon 8mm&w=all&s=int

http://www.flickr.com/search/?s=int&w=all&q=bower+8mm&m=text

Last edited:

hot

Funny!
NEX5 + TOKINA 80-400 + Soligor 1.7x converter ---> 204-1020mm
pictures with aperture 11, 1020mm

clark666

Hi, I was wondering whether you found the NEX to be as good a camera as the Canon? Is the image quality better? It seems that the Canon T2i/550D would be as small as the NEX for practical purposes when using the Canon lenses? So, what advantage is there to using the NEX with Canon EOS lenses?

hot

All cameras are good :) If I want a small, excellent pocketable camera, I take my Sony TX7. No pocket camera is smaller or better :)))) ... soon TX9 comes to market, more pixels, more 3D :)

Best camera is Lumix GH1 - no other camera reaches GH1 ... movable display, EFV with 1.440.000 pixel, all sorts of video, all lenses usable.

T

theboyk

Does anyone know if this adapter will work with the Sony NEX-VG10?

Also, Top, how did you get an aperture of 6.3 on your 1.8 50mm Canon? I thought the aperture was wide-open with this adapter?

Thanks!
Kristin.

hot

You can use Canon lenses with EVERY aperture - if you preselect it on Canon camera.

T

theboyk

Ah, just reread some of the posts, and (please correct me if I'm wrong) — you change the aperture via the method where you set the aperture on the Canon camera, then hold the DoF Preview button while removing the lens?

Also — any idea if this would work on the NEX-VG10? Most sites listing EOS>NEX adapters list the VG10 (along with all other NEX bodies) but can't find anything to confirm on this actual adapter?

Thanks again,
Kristin.

T

theboyk

I just wanted to post a follow-up that I attempted to purchase the adapter via Rainbow Imaging on eBay and it resulted in a scam/loss of money. Instead of receiving the adapter, I received a lens cap. When I attempted to contact the seller, my messages went unanswered. After numerous attempts to contact them, I eventually turned to PayPal and opened a case with them. After a few weeks, PayPal determined the it was fraud on behalf of the seller and I am to be refunded my money. So, please beware when dealing with Rainbow Imaging for this kind of adapter. Now, attempt #2 via another seller...

hot

I bought ~ 200x with different Chinese dealers (all my adapters, too) - very nice, competent and HONEST

T

theboyk

Yea, I've bought many as well —*this is the first time I got ripped off, so figured I'd post the warning.

T

theboyk

Yea, I've bought many as well —*this is the first time I got ripped off, so figured I'd post the warning.