The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Available adapters for NEX3/5 thread

Terry

While the shots are small and reduced And the crners either cant be evaluated or are intentionally OOF, the stuff with the 35 lux looks sweet! Actually all of the lenses seem to look pretty good although I wasn't a fan of the tilted buildings with the tri-elmar.

Diane B

http://sonyalphanex.blogspot.com/search/label/Lens Adapter

Nikon F and G
Leica M and LTM
Canon FD and EF
Minolta SR, MC, MD, and AF
Pentax K
M42
Contax/Yashica
Contax G
Bolex C
I didn't see any adaptors for Canon FDs. I went through it twice and saw an adaptor for EOS/EF (same thing) lenses, but I already know from using an EOS adaptor for the m4/3rds that I'm not interested. I might be interested in an FD adaptor in the future. I'm sure RJ will make one though LOL

douglasf13

While the shots are small and reduced And the crners either cant be evaluated or are intentionally OOF, the stuff with the 35 lux looks sweet! Actually all of the lenses seem to look pretty good although I wasn't a fan of the tilted buildings with the tri-elmar.
Yeah, we need some full size pics to judge the corners. Does anyone here have the M adapter yet??

monza

The Epson RD1 has a 1.5x crop with an APS-C, and I haven't heard of corner problems with that setup. Hopefully the NEX will not either.

dhsimmonds

I am beginning to get interested!:D

The NEX 5 with M adaptor is looking even more exciting than the RD1 for me. It's a pity that the adaptors are so expensive though, but I expect that they will start to come down in price when more are available.

There are some really nice NEX 5 images around, most taken by some very talented photographers.

V

Vivek

I am beginning to get interested!:D

The NEX 5 with M adaptor is looking even more exciting than the RD1 for me. It's a pity that the adaptors are so expensive though, but I expect that they will start to come down in price when more are available.

There are some really nice NEX 5 images around, most taken by some very talented photographers.
Why is an adapter (NEX to M) at UKP 50 expensive? :confused:

The much simpler (labor and material) Cosina M to LTM adapter is $59/-.

barjohn

Mine arrived today and is waiting for me at home. I will post some shots once I get home and get to try it out.

monza

These adapters aren't really all that expensive, try looking at the price of a Novoflex. :)

John, looking forward to your tests. :)

barjohn

I got my adapter and here is a couple of quick test shots. One with the kit lens and the other with the Leica Rokkor 40mm f2, both at ISO 400 along with a 100% crop of each. The crops are screen shots nd the JPGs are converted from RAW with Bibble 5 Pro all default setting except for white balance set using dropper.

barjohn

On my monitor it is very evident that the Leica lens is just super sharp compared to the kit lens with no sharpening beyond default applied and the distortion is virtually non-existent.

I have added a side by side comparison at 50% screen shot.

Last edited:
V

Vivek

Well, the dilemma deepens. RJ was kind enough to get mine (NEX to c adapter) shipped real quick and I have it. Beautifully machined.:thumbs:

This is really a bargain at this price.

I have:

c ----> OM

c-----> Nikon F

c------> Minolta MD

c------> LTM

adapters.

It is also, in principle, possible (for me) to convert the c-mount adapter usable for a pen F.

peterv

Thanks for posting these, John. Quite a difference between the 'kit' (which I like for it's versatility) and the Leica lens.
Makes me wonder what can be achieved with my 75 'Cron, for example ;)
I suspect the NEX sensor is capable of producing very sharp images with the right lenses in front of it.

I'm wondering if I should buy a cheaper Chinese adapter or wait for Novoflex. I saw your post on DPR in which you mentioned that infinity is not at the lens infinity mark. Oh well, I guess that as long as you can reach all focus points it doesn't really matter, or does it?

barjohn

I'm not sure it matters but JR says that they make the adapter a little thinner than needed to make sure it will reach infinity with all lenses. Further, he says, if I want to adjust it I need to add some thickness between the silver metal lens mount that the black holder (between 0.15mm to 0.25mm) via trial and error until it is right. He says to just carefully remove the 4 screws holding it and add the additional thickness behind and screw back the plate. I haven't figured out just what to use to obtain the desired thickness (maybe paper cut to match?). I also haven't decided if it is worth the extra effort.