The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NEX-5 Dual Lens Kit - retroactive lens purchase?

ecsh

After all of these reports of poor service and lousy communication, i am surprised it only took me two trys to get this resolved.

monza

Sometimes you get lucky by getting the right person.

Sony is bloated, you should see the pdf documents we get regarding rebates and price changes and such. It may be that every document must approved thru their legal department...

Sony has 167,000 employees, Apple 34,000 for comparison.

Check the relative profit margins of both.

roweraay

Has anyone who's already bought the NEX-5 16-55 kit been able to retroactively buy the 16mm lens under the new dual lens offer?.
I bought my NEX5+zoom kit from Sonystyle and after the release of their dual-lens kit, I called up their customer service and they are providing me a $150 back-end accomodation....I will have to buy the 16mm f/2.8 at full-price and then they will issue a credit of $150.

Considering that I will be paying taxes for the full price, it is not exactly the same price as the dual lens kit, but I am okay with their accomodating my request (especially since the return period for the original kit was up). :toocool:

roweraay

Terry,

I could be wrong but the impression I had was that SonyStyle Customer Service is in India or some other country other than the USA. .
I believe Sonystyle customer service is very much in the US (or maybe Canada) but the Technical support is in some offshore location (India ?). So if you pressed the Tech support option, it might have re-directed you to India. When I press the customer service option in Sonystyle, I always get a US person.

iiiNelson

I have years of Sony stories which has me sitting on the fence with the NEX cameras (along with the lack of Adobe/ Aperture support.) I hope it all works out well because I like the images coming out of it so far.