The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Best "non-Nex" Lenses

roweraay

Do you have links to the ZM 35/2 or 25/2.8 shot at infinity? I haven't seen any yet (in good light.)
Okay, I am taking a bit of a leap here with this :eek: but about the 35/2, I am basing it on deepdiver's pictures in the first page of this thread and also his subsequent post that stated:

-------------
Sorry i did not bring the infinity photo with ZM 35 today.
I tried it yesterday, It's really good... did not see any smearing at all
will post it later.
--------------

The 25/2.8's thoughts were based on the pictures posted by Cindy Flood in the page right before this page. Seems like under certain conditions like bright skies etc., there was a magenta cast observed, but did not seem to have any smearing per se (in picture of lighthouse in the distance).

douglasf13

I don't see smearing either, but it's hard to tell at that size. The magenta cast certainly seems like it's fixable.

roweraay

I don't see smearing either, but it's hard to tell at that size. The magenta cast certainly seems like it's fixable.
I think the lack of smearing he talked about, was not about the specific examples he posted, but of other pictures that he had taken with it.

Jim DE

Cindy, I'm with you on the Contax G lenses and the NEX! I am enjoying this combination more and more everyday. It has brought a lot of fun back into photography for me.

deepdiver

Okay, I am taking a bit of a leap here with this :eek: but about the 35/2, I am basing it on deepdiver's pictures in the first page of this thread and also his subsequent post that stated:

-------------
Sorry i did not bring the infinity photo with ZM 35 today.
I tried it yesterday, It's really good... did not see any smearing at all
will post it later.
--------------

The 25/2.8's thoughts were based on the pictures posted by Cindy Flood in the page right before this page. Seems like under certain conditions like bright skies etc., there was a magenta cast observed, but did not seem to have any smearing per se (in picture of lighthouse in the distance).
Sorry i was totally forget to post an example from ZM 35 @infinity.

here are an example

full picture

INFINITY F2

INFINITY F4

As u can see, ZM 35/2 is perfect for NEX 5, unlike Lux 50/1.4
lux 50/1.4 is not good @infinity.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Bad news, this combo is not good @ infinity. (Nex 5 + Lux 50/1.4)
here is an example that i took this morning

@infinity F4

IF i move the focus ring away a bit to the left, I can get a sharp image.

:bugeyes:
Andre, I wrote the same thing in the other thread. Your adapter probably needs to be shimmed so that infinity matches the infinity mark. You can't rely that infinity is at the mark when you put adapters on. You should be able to focus and see that you hit actual infinity. If you can go further, it will go soft. You are saying if you move to the left a little it is sharp. That is your infinity.

deepdiver

Sure, here are 2 crops, from left and right corner. ( i think I dont need to crop top left and right, since we have nothing over there, just a white color)

:D

douglasf13

Hmm, hard to tell if that is smearing or just DOF issues. Do you have any examples where there is something in the distance at infinity on the corners? Thanks.

deepdiver

I dont have it at the moment.
I will take more some picture tomorrow morning with ZM 35/2 @ Infinity and I will set the aperture to F8 or F11.

jonoslack

HI everyone.
Well, all I need now is some time and a good hedge (as you guys around here are allergic to brick walls :ROTFL:)

The Kipon adapter seems to be nicely made, and I did a few quick shots last night with the 35 'lux, 75 'cron and 50 'lux - things looked good (focusing is a snap, even in low light without zooming in).

wayne_s

HI everyone.
Well, all I need now is some time and a good hedge (as you guys around here are allergic to brick walls :ROTFL:)

The Kipon adapter seems to be nicely made, and I did a few quick shots last night with the 35 'lux, 75 'cron and 50 'lux - things looked good (focusing is a snap, even in low light without zooming in).
Look forward to seeing how the 35 'Lux does on the NEX5 on some good proper English hedges. :D Is that the latest FLE version?
Could you snap a similar AOV comparison shot with the M9 and 35 'Lux to see the difference in IQ between the two systems? That would be very interesting to see too.

deepdiver

Hmm, hard to tell if that is smearing or just DOF issues. Do you have any examples where there is something in the distance at infinity on the corners? Thanks.
OK, here is the picture, as i promised.
INFINITY @ F11

full picture

left corner bottom

right corner bottom

Top Left

Top right

Let me know, what do u think :D