The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NEX5 IR remote $ 4.80 incl. shipping

hot

NEX5 (for NEX3 not possible) IR remote arrived from China ... shutter/2sec-shutter $ 4.80 incl. shipping - works fine.

P

pepcok

I bought exactly the same one and am very happy with it, I was surprised to see that I can trigger the shutter from both front and back of the camera..

Terry

Yeah, seems like the NEX can be triggered from more angles than the A900. I picked up a couple of these. I'm not sure with the shipping costs how they make any money on these. I have a good Sony version but on my upcoming trip I will take the cheap ones as this is an item that eventually I will lose out of my bag somewhere.

hot

I wonder how they can ship polar. filters 52mm - 77mm for $4.05 - $5.99 - best quality.
Laughing about B+W filters for $80-$170 ... = sea robbery!

For 49mm pol. filter NEX I paid $4.95 (incl.shipping Hongkong-Austria,
arrived after 10 days), usable with sun shade on both kit lenses (look picture above).

Remote is fine - also for external (slave) flashes ... no camera movement, no camera timer.

$ 45

Last edited:

Terry

HOT,
I want to make sure I know what you are doing. The two flashes are set into slave mode, you have the on camera flash forced on? and then you are using the remote to trigger shutter/flash on camera which gives the flash to trigger the slaves?

hot

constellation is for example only

NEX flash is set to lowest intensity, with remote NEX shutter is activated and NEX-flash triggers two slaves.

It's interesting: how works remote from behind - if you cover NEX-sensor ... camera is also triggered from behind :-|

hot

If I set NEX's flash intensity to low (-2) and cover flash with a dark-dark-red glass (near black), then my Yongnous are triggered

a) 4 meters sideways with 5 sheets white paper in front of flash sensor
b) 4 meters behind with sensor in opposite direction