The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NEX & flowers

douglasf13

Douglas,
Has Iliah played around with the files like he did for the A900 and other Sony cameras?

Sorry Hot for going slightly OT.
I'm not sure, but RPP does support NEX, so I guess he has used them at least a little bit to make the color transforms. Hardloaf (Andrey) would be the guy to ask.

sebboh

Has anyone determined whether the high ISO NR settings affect RAW?
just from looking at the high iso files in RPP i would say no. aperture definitely is automatically doing something about the chroma noise (and i'm totally ok with it) but it there doesn't seem to be any obvious luminance noise reduction.

roweraay

The page is just filled with stunning colors ! The lens is certainly acquitting itself well, considering it is just a humble "kit lens".

hot

A good lens must not be expensive, some people believe only expensive lenses are good. My last pictures above are made with Canon 50mm/1.8 II, price ~ € 90 (incl. 20% VAT)
Kit lenses for Canon or NEX ... additional price ~ € 100 also make fantastic pictures.

My three (manual) Korean Samyangs - all three fitting Canon 550D, Lumix GH1, NEX5 - have very low prices, but excellent quality.

hot

With little skill and some exercise you can make really good 3D pictures (1920x1080) and 3D panoramas with NEX + movement.

Select 3D + size 1920x1080 ... that's all. Then make slow moving a 3D pano.

Nice to look at a Zalman 3D monitor (1680x1050 or 1920x1080) with €1-pol-glasses

hot

For making 3D pictures you even need a tripod. Use NEX (or ANY OTHER camera), make a picture, move camera (freehand) for eye distance to right, make second picture ... reeeeady!

(free) StereoPhotoMaker turns/rotates .. both picture for a 1a 3D photo, looking
with every 3D monitor/projector/TV, pol glasses or red/blue glasses and so on.

hot

This 3D pictures are flowers in my garden, all taken FREEHAND with NEX5 + 18-55mm,
you can use ANY other camera, even HelloKittyCam.

Make a picture, move some cm (eye distance) to right and make a second picture.
Then load both pictures into StereoPhotoMaker and autoadjust them. Ready.

You can look them on 3D monitor/projector/TV with active or passive pol glasses, red/green glasses and so on.

StereoPhotoMaker german/english included ----> http://stereo.jpn.org/eng/

LL = left picture, adjusted
RR = right picture, adjusted

25MB
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N05GPVEW