The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Cheap fsu-lenses

M

matti

Hi all, this is my first post here. But I have learnt a lot lurking before buying a Nex-5 to play with while my dark room is rebuilt. I have ordered some adaptors and the first one to get delivered was the m39, so I thought I should share some snaps with my Jupiter-9 (2/85) and Jupiter-8 (2/50). Ugly and cheap (about $10 each) but the sonnar design makes the fuzz look good!

Both pics are wide open at f2, handheld and just imported from RAW into Aperture with no editing.

I like it, so maybe I will even continue to use these cheapies when my M-adaptor arrives!

So anyone else have been playing with this kind of lenses?

/matti

I wish I could find them for $10. :(

That collapsible won't collapse correct? I have a summitar right now and it won't fit the nex collapsed.

Will the Jupiter 12 work?

M

matti

Well, that was some years ago. Now they tend to be a bit more expensive. The collapsable will collapse but sticks in about 8 mm too long. But the old rubber band trick works fine! I attach some pics with the collapsable Industar-22 3.5/50 at f3.5.
/m

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Ken, I have a collapsible elmar. I have some gaffers tape wrapped around it so that it will only collapse a safe distance. I use it this way on my M8 and my NEX5.

I bought a LTM Jupiter 8 (50 f/2) that Brian Sweeney had done his magic on. It focuses perfectly on the M8 and works great on the NEX5, too. My bargain was $95, but I am very happy with my purchase.