The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon/NEX Adapter

chiquita

I need some help please :( I bought a Nikon/Nex adapter and clicked the Nikkor 35mm 1.8 DX lens into place but now it won't budge! The adapter has a small screw in the top but I didn't touch this when I screwed the lens in, either before or after. It unscrews fully and comes right out but doesn't seem to make any difference in untightening the lens. HELP! BTW, fortunately I didn't attach it to the camera.

chiquita

Phew. I worked this out after a bit of a stuggle and an internet search. It seems that the little silver screw threads all the way in and then you push it (it's a bit fiddly) to one side and it releases the adapter. Wish these things came with instructions :eek: Hope this might help someone else sometime.

Terry

Good news glad you got it figured out. I had one adapter that got stuck on an expensive lens and it took me a looooooong time to figure out what I was doing wrong to get it off.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I had to send one back because that pin clicked into place on the lens, but had to be pried back out. It is very scary when the adapter won't release from your expensive lens.

chiquita

TEBnewyork and Cindy, thanks for your replies. I tried not to let the panic wash over me but I was getting a little worried because when you buy these things you never know what you are getting! I guess I will use it but I won't put it on an expensive lens that for sure :)