The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

reverse macro adapter

hot

Reverse macro adapters are for every camera - with different filter diameters - available. Most of my lenses have 58mm or more, so I have 58mm adapters for NEX and Canon.

With step-up/step-down rings there are no problems - a set with 8 rings (step-up, step-down) from China is cheaper than one ring from another country :)

It's best tu use lenses with manual aperture and manual focus (like my Konica lenses and Samyangs), but it also works with Canon EOS lenses or NEX lenses.

Mount lens on NEX/CANON, select aperture and remove lens while camera is on. Then mount lens with other side (rings+adapter) - focus you get manually or with zoom ring or with camera distance.

For macros it's fine to use a 2-way-rail ($19), but I was too lazy to mount it :)

aperture 16, two bulbs

two bulbs + LED torch

G

GaryW

Unfortunately, I need the "protector" ring for the backside, as I want to mount a slide adapter. I've got some cheap diopter lenses, but they distort badly. I can find macro reverse adapters for both Nex and Alpha, but what would be ideal is after reversing a lens, being able to then attach this slide copier setup.

Also, if you're reversing a Minolta lens, you still want a "protector ring" setup, so that you can adjust aperture. Does anyone make such a thing? I can't seem to find it. I did find a post by Pete Ganzel where he made his own; I'd rather just pay $10-$15. :)