The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

I'm a coward, so ...

fordfanjpn

I have a CV Heliar 50/2 that I want to put on my NEX5, but I know if I do, I'll want to collapse it. The question is, can I safely collapse it, or will I screw something up if I do? :confused:

Bill

V

Vivek

I have a CV Heliar 50/2 that I want to put on my NEX5, but I know if I do, I'll want to collapse it. The question is, can I safely collapse it, or will I screw something up if I do? :confused:

Bill

Hi Bill, As you well know, it would depend on the adapter. :)

If it is like the Japanese RayQual m4/3rds to Leica M it would stop the (total) collapse.

Or else, you could always cut a piece of a bicycle tube rubber and prevent the Heliar from collapsing.

fordfanjpn

Hi Bill, As you well know, it would depend on the adapter. :)

If it is like the Japanese RayQual m4/3rds to Leica M it would stop the (total) collapse.

Or else, you could always cut a piece of a bicycle tube rubber and prevent the Heliar from collapsing.
I have a cheap Chinese adapter. I put the lens on the adapter and collapsed it and it doesn't seem to extend past the rear side of the adpater, so it wouldn't extend into the body at all, but I'm still afraid to try it on the camera. I tried to get a friend to try it on his NEX5 first, but he wouldn't do it. Maybe the rubber band idea is the safest way to go.

Thanks.

Bill

M5-Guy

I have a cheap Chinese adapter. I put the lens on the adapter and collapsed it and it doesn't seem to extend past the rear side of the adpater, so it wouldn't extend into the body at all, but I'm still afraid to try it on the camera. I tried to get a friend to try it on his NEX5 first, but he wouldn't do it. Maybe the rubber band idea is the safest way to go.

Thanks.

Bill
Or a large "O" ring you can find in the pluming section of a hardware store. Bring the lens with you so you get one with a snug fit, they can stretch a little, so find one a bit smaller (a few mm's)

Last edited: