The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SONY NEX priorities

s.agar

Button assigning:

Is there exposure compensation possibility that can be assigned?

ISO, WB are fine. But for photographers, one of the most important adjustments is the exposure compensation. With NEX, you either have to go the usual menus, or select manual exposure.

It's at least more important than the flash compensation setting. If I'm not missing something, then Sony must include this in the next firmware.

Seyhun

douglasf13

The camera already has easy exposure comp. Press down on the four way controller and exposure compensation is adjustable with the wheel. That's been there since firmware 1.

s.agar

Thanks. Now everything is fine.

I made a few test shots today, using Zeiss 50/1.4 lens for Nikon.
"I think" the camera JPG's improved as well, if it's not only attributable to the lens.

The JPG's were very soft in the past, wheres photos today were quite different. I'm posting a few UNRETOUCHED photos (except for cropping), taken in a dull afternoon.

I'm very happy with this combination, and in most cases, I will not use the RAW photos. It was the opposite before the firmware upgrade. (even when I had used a Summicron 35/2).

and finally, later in the afternoon,

I still think that the EVF would be a nice accessory.

Seyhun