The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A900/A850 firmware 2.0 is out!

Eoin

My Japanese reading skills are none existent :LOL:, anyone have a link to an English page?. Perhaps it'll take a couple of hours to filter through to Sony's world wide support sites.

Also some detail of what you early adopters actually find the differences to be in the camera with the new firmware would be interesting.

BackToSlr

My Japanese reading skills are none existent :LOL:, anyone have a link to an English page?. Perhaps it'll take a couple of hours to filter through to Sony's world wide support sites.

Also some detail of what you early adopters actually find the differences to be in the camera with the new firmware would be interesting.

Link on dpr

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Yea but I can't find the firmware. Oops

Perfect thanks . Okay I'm going for it. Someone has to be the guinea pig

Guy Mancuso

Darn there is a trick to this . When you have the card with file. HOLD down the menu button and than turn on power at the same time. Both at once

edwardkaraa

Ok, already installed.

The camera is selecting the shutter speed in both A and P mode and the shutter is firing.

All previous menu settings were retained except one: Back to top instead of back to previous as I had it set to before.

AF may be faster, I don't know, but there is no more hunting. My 24/2, like both of the ZA zooms before, had AF inconsistencies. I would point the camera at infinity and the focus would slightly change every time I press the shutter button. I also had dialled in a -2 AF adjustment. With the new FW, the AF inconsistencies are gone, and the -2 adjustment caused a -2 front focusing, so the microadjustment is back to zero with spot on results.

All in all a very satisfactory upgrade, and we have to thank Sony for it, and all the guys who put so much pressure on Sony to do it :D

jonoslack

Well, I've done it now as well
Haven't had time to look at anything yet, but I'm certainly glad it's happened.
all the best

mwalker

Subscriber Member
The instructions say you ned a 16GB CF drive or more?? All I have is a bunch of 4GB's.

fotografz

Okay, downloaded the Mac version for the A900 ... but it then says "classic environment no longer supported" ... and the actual file has a No Use circle with diagonal line.

Any thoughts?

Marc

BackToSlr

Okay, downloaded the Mac version for the A900 ... but it then says "classic environment no longer supported" ... and the actual file has a No Use circle with diagonal line.

Any thoughts?

Marc
You don't run it anyways, just extract the .app file and put it on a formated CF card and follow the instructions.

N

dhsimmonds

Marc

The file will have downloaded as a zip and then opened immediately as the one that you describe in "downloads" on your finder. Just drag and drop the icon that you have described (circle with diagonal line) to the pre-camera formatted card on your computer connected card reader. It takes seconds, then you have the new firmware v 2.0 ready to load into your A900...bingo!

Remember that the program that you have downloaded is NOT for use on the Mac, so it doesn't matter that it can't be opened by it. The computer is just a means of transferring the update from the web site to your camera card.

Good luck!

jonoslack

Any thoughts?

Marc
Dave has it . . . although it had me stymied for a bit too!
just copy the file to the CF card.

Pity Sony didn't warn us though!

all the best

Guy Mancuso

Loaded it and shot a gig today with it at Iso 1600 with no flash. Client surprised me shooting like this. Had it in the bag for backup. Check in later with report

MoJo

Registred Users
What i am really, really curious about is if there is any improvement in noise at high iso, say 800 - 1600.

Just installed it......

-Josef