The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony 850 Battery Issue

rubysky

Thank you for the thread. I almost bought mine on Amazon, hoping to save some $$ ( Yes, 2 $'s! ). OEM from Sony are expensive tho...

Matthew

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Have the new battery matches exactly to the original and I noticed there are two labels missing from the counterfeit . Check this out

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Plus the type is different and one says Europe only. So buy from B&H or Sony itself . I got the new one from B&H.

A

Andrea Buso

Have the new battery matches exactly to the original and I noticed there are two labels missing from the counterfeit . Check this out
thank you for posting the image.
looking at the photo, it seems that the genuine sony battery also shows a better grade plastic shell.

roweraay

Okay it really sounds like I got a counterfeit one than. Damn
I have 2 genuine Sony batteries (one from Sonystyle which came with the camera and other from B&H) and both of them have performed without a whisper of a problem for the past 2 years.

When buying from Amazon, when Amazon sells it themselves, it is as good as buying it from Sony themselves. But the 3rd party sellers who sell there, may or may not be selling the real deal - and their pricing typically reflects that.

L

Luc_R

The right battery (what you call counterfeit) is the one that they sell in Europe. I have 3 off them and from the label you can't tell that they are fake or not.
Below you see one of mine :

I believe yours is a genuine one but it could be faulty or old stock

Rand47

Plus the type is different and one says Europe only. So buy from B&H or Sony itself . I got the new one from B&H.
Guy,

Go on Amazon, the have records & printable invoices on everything you've purchased from them. You can do RMA from there. Very easy. In the reason box let them know!

Regards,
Rand

BTW - My four Sony batts for my A900 are all fine after over a year of use.

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
I got three extras for a total of four since I wanted a complete change for the grip. It's more than I probably need, but at $42 from B&H it's not much to fuss over. (Leica M8/M9 batteries are $130!!!)