The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

C-mount lenses for the NEX

Rawfa

Hi,

I have just received my C-mount to NEX adapter, along with a 35mm f1.7. I know, it´s not sharp, it´s a bit like a shift and tilt, but I haven´t had so much fun with a lens in ages. Plus the combo lens-adapter is soo smal that makes the NEX5 ultra portable. So I´m wondering which other c-mount lenses out there are worth getting. I saw a 12.5mm, a 16mm and a 24mm that seemed cool.

cheers

Rafa

hot

SLR Magic lens - overpriced and guaranteed for bad pictures :D .. for m4/3 and NEX

26mm/1,4

Rawfa

I had my eyes on the 25mm toy cam but the seller said it doesn't work on the NEX because it doesn't cover the entire sensor.

pegelli

I had my eyes on the 25mm toy cam but the seller said it doesn't work on the NEX because it doesn't cover the entire sensor.
Isn't one of the aspects of lomography heavy vignetting, so I don't see the problem ;)

Rawfa

I can handle a bit of that classic vignetting...but I'm guessing this lens is so small you will probably see a massive black circle. I'm currious to see some samples on a NEX camera.

ampguy

kjyuan - the 25/1.4 1/2" cctv lens I got from ebay gives pretty much a circular frame, although I've yet to test it with video, where it may give a fuller rectangle.

The 35/1.7 2/3 cctv c-mounts seem ok for stills, steve huffman (sp?) did a nice blog post about them. If you have a nex to c-mount adapter already, they go for about $40ish on ebay.

Rawfa

Ampguy, could you post some samples of the 25mm f1.4 with the NEX? I'd like to see how bad is the vignette.

Rawfa

Thanks for the samples. The 25mm with micro 4/3 is really acceptable in my book, but not with the NEX. The black circumference around the image is so big I think people should come up with another name other than vignette. That is unusable to me.

hot

The differences are crop=1.5 (NEX) and crop=2.0 (m4/3) - of course 35mm/1.7 is better ... no vignetting.

ampguy

right, just a note, the freebie, or low end c-mount adapter from rainbow for nex is a tad thin, it needs a shim to focus right, i notified them, but they have another one (RJ?) at a bit higher price that could be the right thickness.

Agree, the 25/1.4 cctv is ok on u4/3, but not the nex unless you want the effect or are going to crop in pp.

Rawfa

The crop would have to be way too big to create something usable. it would end up with something way too far from a 25mm.

hot

summer 2011 - mirrorless KENKO camera for CCTV lenses ... $300
source: dc.watch