The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M42 lenses on A850

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
This is a great camera to put old M42 glass on! I ran around a little bit testing things, bothering pets, spouse, and the garden. I think I could use the M screen though...

CZJ Flektogon 35/2.4: great little compact lens that focuses very close.
At f/11, handheld, ISO 400 (or 320 perhaps).

Crop shows how thin the DOF is! The lens does surprising well on the parts actually in focus... 1/40s, so perhaps there a little bit of shake, too.

I remember this lens being crisp corner to corner on the Canon 1Ds2.

Here's another closeup with the Flektogon.

Last edited:

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
Here's one shot with a Russian Helios 44-2, a CZ Biotar 58/2 copy. At f/4 or maybe f/5.6 - hard to tell because the aperture dial and imprint are stopless and run in opposite directions! :LOL:

It has pretty good definition around the central parts. Excuse the noise, still trying to figure out how to process files from this camera. (ISO 400 I think.)

Bokeh is that swirly Biotar stuff: