The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sell Contax G 28 for Nex Zeiss 24 1.7?

I am wondering whether individuals who are happy with the Contax G 28mm on the Nex will opt for the Zeiss 24 1.7 (assuming the rumors are accurate) when the Zeiss appears. I am happy enough with the manual focus of the Contax G 28, but might not mind a faster lens for use indoors and perhaps an even closer focusing distance. Does anyone lean towards abandoning the Contax G 28 and opting for the Nex Zeiss 24? Could the Contax G have anything to offer beyond its size? I am aware that the new Zeiss would not have the corner issues of the Contax G on the Nex.
John
I find these relationships with lenses to be fraught with the pain of separation.

douglasf13

If the Zeiss 24 performs as well on NEX as the ZA primes perform on Alpha, then it'll be a no-brainer, but it's tough to say until the lens is released. Personally, I haven't even purchased any primes for NEX wider than 35mm (except the Sony 16,) because I'm waiting for a wide prime without corner issues (and 50mm equivalent is my go to, anyways.)