The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lightroom settings

J

Jjcra

I just got my 850, I just love this camera. Curious what seems to be the standard in lightroom3 for your settings for the 850 ARW files

pegelli

FWIW:

Exposure 0
Recovery 0
Fill light 0
Blacks 2
Brightness 35
Contrast 20
Clarity 10
Vibrance 10
Medium contrast curve
Luminance noise reduction 8
Rest all at default from Lightroom install.

This serves me well as a starting point, but I still tweak every picture individually after import

Simon M.

I don't use Lightroom/ACR anymore (C1 now). I generally like to zero everything (regardless of converter) and work each image individually until I'm happy. Along the way you may find that some settings become common and deserve to have a preset. The only one I can recommend with 100% certainty is a slight contrast curve (two points input/output: 20/15 and 80/80 in photoshop and C1 don't know what the equivalent in LR are).

Hope that helps some.

Cheers,
Simon

Godfrey

FWIW:

Exposure 0
Recovery 0
Fill light 0
Blacks 2
Brightness 35
Contrast 20
Clarity 10
Vibrance 10
Medium contrast curve
Luminance noise reduction 8
Rest all at default from Lightroom install.

This serves me well as a starting point, but I still tweak every picture individually after import
Working with the E-5, I start with this too excepting Brightness=0 and Contrast=0. I also set up the Detail sharpening settings with a heavy mask to begin with ... 77 as a default ... and back it off as needed. LR's standard default seems a little heavy handed for the E-5 and tends to exaggerate grain structure, these settings allow expression of the full dynamic range the camera can capture.

Same might be true for the A850, worth experimenting with.