The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NEX5 with Leica 35mm F2 ASPH

oris98

Hi all,
I am just practicing taking pictures with my NEX5 and Leica M Lens.. It is quite different in focusing when I hold the camera in front of my chest but not on my eye level.. It is not easy to get the focusing right particularly in shooting with my 90mm Tele-Elamert F2.8. Hand shaking is the main challeng. I shoot with S mode and most of the time I will use 1/125 second or higer to avoid shaking. Of course, the camera will not know what aperture I am using, I rely on the auto ISO to let the camera to find the proper ISO setting to adept with the aperture and shutter speed that I choose. I am not sure if some of you here may use the same approach ? or you have different tricks which can archive better exposure than my approach ?

Here are a few pictures from my NEX5 and 35mm F2 ASPH. Thanks ! :)

thePiRaTE!!

Results look very good! Is that old house for display or a real home? Seems too quaint to be true!

I use A mode only myself, but I can certainly understand using T mode in the same way given the circumstance. Though the NEX seem to be very good at noise handling and with the quality of noise handling software these days, it seems like your system is doing a fine job. Using A mode, the camera will react by adjusting the shutter and ISO to match whatever light is passing via the lens. In normal conditions the shutter will probably be much faster than would be of concern for hand shake. For lower light, you can always force a higher ISO manually to compensate.

Kelly.

douglasf13

I usually just use M mode with manual lenses, and that way I can quickly adjust shutter speed by looking at the histogram.

Check out the Clearviewer, if you want a very easy way to manual focus. Works very well.

oris98

Thanks. These pictures were taken in the Burnaby Museum in BC, Canada. The log house is for show only. Will upload more pictures later.