The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

close ups with NEX5

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
They look good. That lens is fine. It gets a bad rap all the time but you just proved all those idiots wrong.
Thanks.... Don

hot

You must not hear what other people say - everyone of them think, you only can make good pictures with Leica M9. x millions are using cell phones for photos - and they are happy :) It's not the tool - it's man/woman behind tool!

I've a lot of cameras - all "best tools".

redsim74

Hi,

Some really nice shots in this series.

I'm looking at purchasing a NEX and was wondering whether you had the Tamron 60/2 in Sony mount (which I have) and using it with the Sony a->e adaptor?

If so, could you comment on how well it AFs with the adaptor? If not, just your general comments regarding the lens in use with the NEX would be great.

Sim

hot

I have Tamron 60mm / 2.0 with Canon mount, using it with Canon, m4/3, NEX and NX.
I know, I'm an silly manual focussing guy - but it makes fun while macroing ...

philber

I tried the Sony adapter for Alpha mount to E- mount. It is incredibly slow, maybe 3-4 seconds, and not small either. I don't think that calling this "AF" fairly represents the system's capability (or, in this case, lack of).
Regarding the 18-55, I agree. For a lens of this type and cost, it is very good indeed. Just don't expect it to outperform a Zeiss or Leica prime.
Here is a close-up with the excellent Zeiss C/Y 35-70 f:3.4

AGeoJO

Here are two close-up images taken at my favorite Sushi joint :D. The first with 16mm another much maligned lens and the second with 18-55mm.

Bugleone

AGeoJO,

Nice food shots!...... they appear to be done with strobe/flash OFF the camera, judging by direction of shadow towards the lens? If so, how did you synch the flash to the NEX shutter please?

AGeoJO

AGeoJO,

Nice food shots!...... they appear to be done with strobe/flash OFF the camera, judging by direction of shadow towards the lens? If so, how did you synch the flash to the NEX shutter please?
No, no flash at all. The shots were taken using just available light and the WB was adjusted in LR later on. Thanks!

Bugleone

AGeoJO,.....Do you know if it's possible to synch flash to NEX using slave? I have been told that NEX always uses a pre-flash and that this can't be turned off..?? This is crucial to whether I buy NEX or not so I really need some help with this!

AGeoJO

AGeoJO,.....Do you know if it's possible to synch flash to NEX using slave? I have been told that NEX always uses a pre-flash and that this can't be turned off..?? This is crucial to whether I buy NEX or not so I really need some help with this!
I don't know the answer to your question if you meant radio triggering outside flashes. Sorry. Generally, I dislike flash photography anyway. Although my NEX system is fairly new but I have not used the flash for except for testing and to make sure that it works. The on-board flash is capable of trigger simple slaved flash or flashes but I am not sure what kind of role the NEX flash will play in terms of output.

Bugleone

No, I meant by a slave trigger that uses t light from one flash to trigger a second flash independantly. "the onboard flash is capable to trigger simple slaved flash"....THIS is what I'm trying to tie down,...I have been told that NEX always uses a preflash before the main flash,..if that is the case then NEX will NOT be able to use slave becasue the second flash head will fire with teh NEX's preflash...ie., with shutter still closed.......(??)

AGeoJO

No, I meant by a slave trigger that uses t light from one flash to trigger a second flash independantly. "the onboard flash is capable to trigger simple slaved flash"....THIS is what I'm trying to tie down,...I have been told that NEX always uses a preflash before the main flash,..if that is the case then NEX will NOT be able to use slave becasue the second flash head will fire with teh NEX's preflash...ie., with shutter still closed.......(??)
Aaah, OK then. I don't remember whether the NEX flash fires pre-flash or not. I can try it at home later on and post my findings here. In the meantime, maybe there are others that can chime in.