The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

First pics of NEX-C3

MPK2010

IIt seems most of the difference is cosmetic, outside of the new 16.2MP sensor, which is going to cause my NEX-5 some envy. That sensor, which is also in the D7000/K5/A580 is very, very good.
The K-5 sensor in a compact lightweight body that takes M lenses sounds pretty appealing to me. This or the NEX-7 is coming with me on a hike this fall where low weight is an absolute priority. I use NEX mostly as a backup but I think it stands well on its own right for people who like the form factor.

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
It looks like Sony made a winner again. I'm holding out for the 7 or whatever they will call it. I have to admit, for an ugly camera, the Nex 5 makes beautiful images.
The screen on the 3c is very interesting. The sensor will be amazing.
I don't need that camera. I'm waiting....I will resist... Well, I'll try to resist.
Hmmmmm?

Armanius

Hopefully, the NEX7 will have more buttons and/or dials that are fully customizable, for quick access to most used functions. EVF would be great too!

hot

NEX7, A77 .... 24 megapixels ?
Both viewer with 3 megapixels, A77 AMOLED viewer.

ZoranC

Sensor in NEX5 is already great, but one from D7000 is even sweeter.

I can't wait to see what NEX5 successor will look like.

edwardkaraa

I have to admit, for an ugly camera, the Nex 5 makes beautiful images.
Fully agreed!

But I think that the target buyers are supposed to be up graders from P&S, but it's pleasantly surprising to see the Nex getting so much praise, and getting adopted by canikon DSLR users. I'm pretty sure from what I've read so far that the Nex 7 will have a different, more classic form factor than the Nex 3/5.

aizan

is there going to be a c5?

rumor has it that the 7 with have a faux-dslr form factor like the konica minolta a2, but i'm crossing my fingers for something more like the panasonic l1.

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
The NEX is starting to look like a nice upgrade from my now somewhat oldish Ricoh GX100. Is there a T/S Leica M adapter for it? If so it might be a perfect hiking companion! Is there a compact quality wide angle comparable to something in the 16-18 (135) range?

douglasf13

The NEX is starting to look like a nice upgrade from my now somewhat oldish Ricoh GX100. Is there a T/S Leica M adapter for it? If so it might be a perfect hiking companion! Is there a compact quality wide angle comparable to something in the 16-18 (135) range?
I'm not aware of any Leica T/S adapters, myself. There are some tilt adapters for Nikon, so you could put a Nikon shift lens on there for a t/s option, but it wouldn't be small.

As for wide angles, any rangefinder wides in the ~28mm range and below will have corner color shift issues. The Sony e-mount 16mm f2.8 is ok from f4 on, but you'll always have some softness at any aperture in the very extreme corners. What I do is slightly crop the Sony 16mm to 12 megapixels, which gives me around an 18mm (27mm equiv.) with pretty good corners from f5-f8, or I shoot in 5:4 ratio.

Rawfa

I already love the sensor on the NEX5 but I think AF could really be improved. What we really need right now are more E mount lenses...give me a 35mm 1.4 or an 18-70mm constant 2.8.

Godfrey

The shape of the body/grip looks much more handling friendly than any of the first generation NEX cameras.