The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

I'm no wedding photographer but...

Rawfa

Thanks for the kind words, Don. I didn't want to fall into cliché wedding photography.
I've sent my friend these photos and he was moved by them...I cannot really get a better compliment than this :)

Last edited:
Z

Zeppelin

Hi Rawfa, I'm new here, got attracted by the excellent "fun with NEX cameras..." thread; I just wanted to say that your wedding pictures are marvelous, not cliche at all. The light is wonderful on many pictures (interplay of light and shadow).

I'm curious, did you also shoot some color images? I guess you converted the pictures to bw in pp, which technique do you use for it?

Thanks & greetings,
Michael

Rawfa

Welcome to the forum, Michael. It´s a great place to learn and share. I´m sure you will love it.
As for the pictures, I´m glad you liked tem. I always shoot raw and then decide which look will suit the pictures better. There was very very little light available and I knew that the couple getting married would always be surrounded by people, so I thought the best options were a 35mm 1.7 and a 50mm 1.4 (I could have easily used a 1.2). Even with the fast lenses wide open, iso @ 1600 and shutter at around 1/15 I had to increase the brightness in post. I´ve worked the shadows, midtones, sharpness and clarity quite a bit on camera raw to obtain the look I´ve wanted.

Last edited:

AGeoJO

Nice images! They are definitely different than the typcial wedding images. How did you focus the manual focus lens(es)? Did you just use the LCD and magnify it 5X to get your shots? Thanks!

Rawfa

Thanks, Joshua. Focusing was a hit and miss, so I made sure to try to shoot the same photo a lot of times. I did use the NEX5s´ manual focus assist all the time.