The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Minolta bayonet mount = MD/MC?

Rawfa

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is where I should be posting this but here it goes...Is the Minolta MD MC mount the same as the minolta bayonet mount? I have a couple of good offers on some zooms and but I need to know if these mounts are the same.

cheers

Rafa

K

kgior

Bayonet mounts are everything that came after screw mount lenses.

If you are asking only about the compatibility prior to Maxxum I won't be much help, I thought that there was only one bayonet mount and probably one screw mount before but I am not 100% sure.

When Minolta introduced the Maxxum 7000 it changed to a new mount with the auto focus feature. That new mount is the same one that Sony now uses on its Alpha cameras. It has evolved over the years as far as electronic contacts are concerned, therefore not all of the current controls are 100% supported with the older Maxxum AF lenses (ADI flash, SSM focusing).

Without some kind of adapter (I believe that they all include an optical lens to correct for focusing) this AF mount is not interchangeable with the older manual focus lenses.

Hope this helps some.

Ken