The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A900. Your Best Set Of Lenses

FlypenFly

Why how many 16mpx cameras are out there with no aa filters? The overwhelming majority of cameras have aa filters.

Either way the sentiment that the sony ff cameras produce 16mpx equiv files does not seem to be anything close to what I'm finding.

MikalWGrass

I had the 24-70/2.8, which I liked alot, but which was too slow for me. The picture quality was excellent but I found myself wanting something a bit faster, and bit more "prime." I used only a Leica M6 and a 50/1.4 combo for years, and when I started fiddling around with the various distances on the 24-70, I noticed that my picture quality suffered.

Recently I sold the lens, and bought a pristine Leica R 50/1.4, and had it adapted by Leitex. If anything, I won't miss the 70 end of the lens but I will miss the 24 end of the lens.

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
Why how many 16mpx cameras are out there with no aa filters? The overwhelming majority of cameras have aa filters.

Either way the sentiment that the sony ff cameras produce 16mpx equiv files does not seem to be anything close to what I'm finding.
You only need one. The Kodak 16MP CCD based backs is one possibility. The Leica M9 at 18MP is another. There's really no significant difference between the M9 and a850 files in terms of entropy. They contain about the same amount of image, slightly stretched out in the a850.

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
Any my 22MP ZD back has slightly more image content than the a850. But for all practical purposes - 18MP or 22MP w/o AA, or 25-30 with; it's all the same. Makes for excellent work in 16x20, 20x30 is okay, but I can tell the difference in texture at arm's length. (Which I consider slightly on the short side of the viewing distance for what I do. 3'/1m is my target distance.)

gsking

Any my 22MP ZD back has slightly more image content than the a850. But for all practical purposes - 18MP or 22MP w/o AA, or 25-30 with; it's all the same. Makes for excellent work in 16x20, 20x30 is okay, but I can tell the difference in texture at arm's length. (Which I consider slightly on the short side of the viewing distance for what I do. 3'/1m is my target distance.)

Interesting. My 11mp Phase back trounced my 12mp A700 by a significant amount. I estimated I could see the same level of detail at 200% screen viewing with the MFDB, which would seemingly equate to 48mp.

I don't have an 850/900 to compare it to, but by that math, I'd expect my Valeo 22 (same sensor as the ZD) to be MUCH sharper than the Sony. Unless they really softened the AA filter, you should be able to print at least 2x as large.