The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M > NEX ADAPTER choices

L

luznoi

Well...because of the coming peak feature, I'm finally going to try other lenses on the sony. I want to know if there's a verdict on M > Nex adapter. I don't want the best, most expensive but a good value one that will work well. I saw the C/V one for like $220. I don't need one that nice. Is there a good one for, say, around $80/90 or so? Thanks in Adv.

Or if there's a thread, I can pull up?

L

luznoi

Also, how about a nikon AIS > Nex adapter? Again, about ~$80?

douglasf13

I own 3 types of M adapters: a cheapie $20 version, the Metabones and the Voigtlander.

The cheapie feels loose and has a horrible build. The Meta and Voigt are both built well, but the Voigt has a much better designed lens release tab integrates into the ring, so it doesn't stick out and get in the way of my fingers. Because of this, I bought a second Voigtlander adapter to replace the Metabones.

monza

I have the Metabones and found it to be very well made. Unlike Douglas, I don't find the lens release getting in the way.

douglasf13

That's interesting, Monza. I don't have large hands or anything, and I found the Metabones release tab sticking out far right enough to rub the back of my fingers on the grip. Do you have the NEX-3 or NEX-5?

I actually removed the stair-step part of the tab, and that helped a little.

monza

I have a 5...I remember seeing your posts about this before. It's a bigger release, but I haven't found it problematic.

Although I use adapted C/Y lenses much more than my M and LTM lenses.

douglasf13

Thanks, Monza. I guess I'm just more sensitive to it, and my M adapters are on the camera most of the time.

L

luznoi

So, how sensitive is the release tap? The V/C price dropped to $180 but it's still 2x the Metabones adapter. Then, again, $100 is not much considering a dropped leica lens. I wish I could try it before deciding...

Is there a store rather than the Bay route for these adapters?