The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Super cool new M to NEX adapter

douglasf13

Agreed. Glad you like it, monza. It is apparently made out of anodized aluminum, and I like that it is so lightweight. As long as there are never any issues with dust getting in that helicoid, I'm only using the Hawks from here on out.

monza

Build quality is excellent, and as you say lightweight. Completely transforms M lenses...as your photos above show very clearly.

Also picked up the Jtec quick release (got the standard, not the L.)

Hosermage

Another happy customer... My 0.5m min-focus Nokton can now focus at about 6 inches (from the front element of the lens). Perfect infinity focus.

etrigan63

Could someone post the link here. Not a link to a link to a link. The one everyone is raving about as I am having some difficulty locating it. When I search for the guy on eBay, I only get ended auctions.

Hosermage

link

If it's sold out, search for "LEICA-M L-M to SONY NEX E-mount MACRO TUBE HELICOID" and save the search so ebay will email you whenever one becomes available. Looks like a new batch is now available ;-)

By the way, I just tested with two more M lenses: 50'cron DR, and CV 50/2 Heliar and the infinity wasn't as spot on as with the 35mm Nokton. Only a hair off.

N

nocavat

any one else try these? i have m lenses looking forward to getting into the nex system.

My CV35/1.2 I focuses a tiny past infinity. The focus is not as smooth as with a regular lens. However, I'm extremely happy with the purchase.

Hosermage

Hi, is your version I or version II? One thing I find is that if it's slightly past infinity, you can always adjust it on the helicoid to bring it back to exact infinity. Then you can continue to use your lens as normal because normal focusing doesn't change the helicoid (unless you accidentally turn it). So, for me, I just need to tweak it slightly if I change lenses and forget about it.

My CV35/1.2 I focuses a tiny past infinity. The focus is not as smooth as with a regular lens. However, I'm extremely happy with the purchase.

N

nocavat

That's nice, and Hawk is good to deal with. Hmmm....this could be very cool, getting rid of the one thing I don't like about adapted M lenses...
where do i find the hawk's adapter, on ebay?
thanks should get my nex 5n thursday1

monza

I came across a 50/2.8 EL Nikkor enlarger lens, with an extension tube of some sort attached (Leica 14020.) Since it has 39mm threads, I attached it to an LTM adapter and put it on the Hawk adapter...voila, instant 75mm equivalent f/2.8, with the Hawk adapter helical for focusing.

Looks like I need a slightly longer extension tube, as this would give closer focus, and not focus past infinity, but it works as it sits.