The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A petition to sony for a "Standard lens"

F

frosti7

How can it be that a camera system doesnt have a standard lens? (similar to 50mm)

this situation seems unbearable to me and so i’ve started a petition for standard lens: 30mm f1.8 compact prime, you are welcome to sign it&write in “comments” field if you prefer different variation (example: 28-35mm or f1.4-f2, pancake/normal)

http://www.petitiononline.com/NEX30mm/petition.html

pegelli

No need for a petition from my perspective. Patience is a virtue.
At a recent Nex lens roadmap presentation in China they put for 2011 a 40 mm/f2 OSS and a 30 mm/f3.5 macro on the board for 2011 (together with a bunch of other lenses)

Last edited:

hot

Oooohhhh gooood ... some people have to much time ... make a petition for peace - makes more sense, but there's also no success

SONY SELLS, BUT DON'T FULLFILL PIOUS WISHES!

Why do you not buy one of your thousand glorified cameras?

dubes

Do you actually own a NEX? (I do.) With an adapter, you can have your pick of 'normal' lenses for the NEX. Especially with the latest firmware, it works very nicely, thank you.

Sony announced their roadmap last fall for lenses over the next two or three years, and I recall that a 'normal' lens was on it (I believe for 2012). Patience is a virtue.

pegelli

FYI, I found the Chinese reference that I mentioned above back:
See here.

Forum is in Dutch, and the poster in Chinese but I think the message is pretty clear just looking at the picture :salute:

Isn't that great, the wishes of a petition granted even before it's launched :deadhorse:

F

frosti7

Whats great? we are still missing key lens in the 40-50mm,

panasonic and olympus micro four thirds is so popular also because they have a great 20/1,7 lens, they also have 25/1.4 and 25/0.95, sony have 0 lens in the standard range

dubes

sony have 0 lens in the standard range
Or, as I said before, uncountably many, with the use of an adapter. (I personally have a choice of 3 35mm lenses to choose from those I own for other camera systems, which roughly equate to a 50mm angle of view on the NEX. Do I really need number 4?)

I actually thought the micro four-thirds format was popular because their owners were also using adapters to mount lenses from other camera systems. And reading the forums, micro four-thirds' owners gripe about not having wide angle lenses (that 2x crop factor makes it tough). The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

hot

frosti, buy a Fujian 35mm/1.7 for $ 27 ... and all your wishes are fullfilled!

pegelli

Whats great? we are still missing key lens in the 40-50mm
Thank u all, I have clearly addressed the wrong forum
I'm sorry we dissapointed you frost, but I actually wonder whether you actually followed the link I put in my post. The 24/2CZ, 30/3.5 macro and 40/2 OSS seem to be coming out this year. So if you're not interested in MF (and I know it's not for everybody) then just wait a few month and your wishes have been fulfilled. Even if they started the development based on your petition today it would be 2 years before it would come out.