The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony NEX-C3 with various lenses

Terry

OK you seem to be the first up with the new camera. Did you have the NEC 3/5? How does it compare?

T

tamrong

I used to have both NEX 3 and NEX 5

C3 is much smaller, better files, better noise, and better power management.

many customized button

but NEX 3 / 5 has better grip and bigger button.

NEX-C3 with Pentax 110 24mm f2.8

T

tamrong

NEX-C3 with Nikon ais 55mm f2.8

high iso

iso 3200 is great

iso 6400 is still great

iso 12800 is ok to use

T

tamrong

NEX-C3 with Wollensak Cine-raptar 25mm f1.9

from 16mm movie camera, c-mount

little vignette , and very swirl bokeh

clark666

Has anyone tried any NEX lens adapters? I have EOS lenses but don't know which adapters function best. There are a few brands with aperture control and some without. Does anyone have any recommendations other than buying all and returning the unsatisfactory ones?

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
That's it, I'm getting the tingles. I have lots of tiny lenses (including that one) that would look good on that camera - might take some nice pics too

Keith

ampguy

No EOS lens or adapters, but have several Rainbow Imaging adapters, and they work fine.

For the Nikon G adapter, there is a lever to control the aperture. It's not an elegant solution as the throw is short from wide open to fully stopped, but it does work.

Perhaps there are better ones for the EOS system.

Has anyone tried any NEX lens adapters? I have EOS lenses but don't know which adapters function best. There are a few brands with aperture control and some without. Does anyone have any recommendations other than buying all and returning the unsatisfactory ones?

roweraay

SAR mentions that Sony spent a lot of effort to make offset micro-lenses when it comes to the upcoming 24MP sensor (A77 and NEX7 and possibly the A65), which means the corner performance should be really good.

douglasf13

SAR mentions that Sony spent a lot of effort to make offset micro-lenses when it comes to the upcoming 24MP sensor (A77 and NEX7 and possibly the A65), which means the corner performance should be really good.
Yeah, I was just mentioning on another forum that I'm surprised Sony didn't mention this when the NEX-C3 was released. Maybe the NEX-7 will be even better in this regard??

Yeah, I was just mentioning on another forum that I'm surprised Sony didn't mention this when the NEX-C3 was released. Maybe the NEX-7 will be even better in this regard??
I doubt Sony thinks the NEX-C3 target market is interested in or even understands the concept of micro-lenses. Just look at the default UI to understand who Sony sells the NEX to.

Lucky for us that under all the "simplicity" is such a powerful platform and that Sony is building features that appeal to a more experienced photographer, even if they don't bother to advertise them.

PenSon

NEX-C3 with Mirex tilt/shift adapter for Mamiya Sekor lenses.

Mamiya Sekor 80mm macro f/4 with a some tilt (aperture on picture 4)

_______
trygve

clark666

The NEX C3 review is up at dpreview. I agree with most of it. I would like a way to use the Sony solutions to twilight photos and the higher ISOs that are available in the manual modes. Maybe someone has a suggestion?