The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

if I can get only one leica lens for NEX...

pegelli

Nettar, last Sunday was the first time I put the lens on my Nex (which I only have a month now) and I only took similar soothing pictures of wide beach scenes. So no conclusion on edge sharpness on APS-C, but from my experience using it on the A850 even there edge sharpness is OK at f 5.6 except for maybe the extreme corners which fall far beyond the APS-C size. If you want to know I probably will be able to shoot some brick walls, allthough that's a subject I enjoy less and less these days :LOL:

Charles2

... your sample is not only a Zeiss image but also a large DOF, downsized processed and well sharpened web presentation. It's always more interesting to see unsharpened 100% crops if it is about an image demonstrating resolution.
You are right when it comes to proving the technical point. I showed the image hoping to make a looser point. Many of us know the smooth image style prepared for Web display. In opposite manner, this image shows how excellent resolution can be presented on the Web. The Zeiss lens encourages, enables, and eases such an approach. Agreed, a conclusion with the status of opinion.

Hosermage

Thanks for all the insights... but I think the Zeiss 50mm C-Sonnar ZM has me intrigued. I will be on the look out for a used/new one. Wouldn't mind trying out the CV 35 f/1.2 ver. II as well. Even if I get both, I'll still be under budget!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
The CV 35/1.2 II seems to be shipping. My pusher in Bangkok has announced it for the equivalent of $1,300 :)

Last edited:

Jonas

The CV35/1.2 v2.... I managed to lay my greedy hands on a copy of it. Great lens (and I'm very experienced with it you know). Or I think it is a great lens from that first acquaintance.

It is also expensive stuff.... 1.300 [currency] is a lot of money for a lens from Cosina. It's not your local pusher only... Their most expensive until today? I wonder if their experience from the CV25/0.95 learned them it is OK to ask for more money.