The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Indoor complement to my outdoor A850...

jfirneno

So after viewing some really amazing jpeg files on a french site (http://translate.google.com/transla...ompact-sony-nex-5n-bruit-electronique-12.html) at 6400 and 12800 ISO, I think I've found my indoor camera, the NEX 5N. It's the first Sony camera that significantly (at least 2 stops) beats out my A850. Now I need a nice e-mount wide angle (and a normal) and I'll be able to get those party photos without hours of PP. Anybody know which lenses are best?

Regards
John

Last edited:

jfirneno

After a few private messages I decided that a reasonable way to proceed was to get the 18-55 e-mount lens and the alpha mount adapter (without the translucent module) along with the NEX 5N. This should allow me to test it out with some of my Minolta glass and try out the e-mount lens to see how good the high ISO, low light capability of the camera is for indoor people pictures. I was thinking of waiting for the info on the NEX 7 but life is short.

Regards
John