The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Share your best NEX-5N images here

Paratom

I have a Nex 5N to check it out over the weekend.
Here are 3 images from this morning. I have to say furst impressn of the camera are quite good. I am also positivly surprized about the kit lens (just first impression though)

scho

Carl,
Do you feel that the Contax G 45mm is a little sharper then the CV 40 Nokton?
Steven
Steve,
I think that micro contrast is better and yes, probably sharper at wider apertures.

Carl: Thank you, sir! (although, I didn't take the second one) :D I also have the video button problem! The next firmware should include a way to disable it. :thumbup:

AMEN to that - I don't shoot any video.:thumbs:

Carl: +1! :salute: There's a bunch of those Contax G lenses just sitting at my local camera store. Which adapter are you using?

I'm using the Fotodiox Contax G to NEX E adapter with the large focusing ring. My copy is very smooth focusing but some have complained about binding. QC issue?
Cheers, Matt

JCT

Beautiful tone and DR in many of these.

I sold my NEX-5 to afford the NEX-7 and boy am I cranky right now given what may be a long wait. It's interesting how the initial thoughts regarding the NEX-5N were that it was a relatively small step up, I really don't think that has been found to be true.

I really miss my NEX.

kuau

Workshop Member
JCT,
You may want to check out steve huffs website, He is doing a lot of testing with a production Nex-7 and has come to some interesting conclusions.

JCT

Hi Steve,

Yup-- I've been following Huff's review along with the nice 5N work. Frankly, I would have been more than happy if Sony had put the 5N sensor in the 7.

For me, the draw of the 7 is in the usability (the triple-dials) and the integrated EVF. I recently switched from a GF1 to a G3 on the m4/3 side because I just prefer the integrated EVF.

But I won't wait forever... and at least if I end up going with the 5N i looks like a great option.

Nice beagle, BTW -- I have two!

JT

jonoslack

Thanks for looking.

NEX-5N; Sony Zeiss Vario-Sonnar 24-70mm f/2.8 ZA; 24mm; 1/60s @ f/2.8; ISO 160
Jive Time Clearance eh! Lovely shot Matt - how are you getting on with the 24-70 on it?

@Uwe - love the second shot with the spanner especially.

A couple from a friend's kitchen:

Both taken with the Leica 75mm f2 'cron at f2

m_driscoll

Uwe: Great series! Cool tonality. :cool:

Jive Time Clearance eh! Lovely shot Matt - how are you getting on with the 24-70 on it?...
A couple from a friend's kitchen:

Both taken with the Leica 75mm f2 'cron at f2
Jono: Thanks! :D I'm liking the 24-70 a lot on the 5N. Handles quite well and focuses pretty fast with the LA-EA2.

I like the foreground/background layering of this one. :thumbup:

Matt,
I really like your colors here.
Jerry
Jerry: Thank you! :D

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.comn

jonoslack

Here's one from early this morning with the 18-200:

and a couple from this evening with the Leica 75 'cron and the Hawks adaptor.