The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Share your best NEX-5N images here

petetsai

Oh sorry. All were shot manual focus from the hip. First one was the 50mm f1.8 nikkor e-series, second was the 70mm f2.8 pentax 110 auto lens, and the last was the 24mm f2.8 pentax auto 110 lens. That last shot was actually caught almost as a pan as I was in motion walking in the opposite direction.

scho

This is a bit OT, but Capture One 6.3 is now supporting NEX-5N raw files. Here is one that I just ran through C1 as a trial and exported a full size jpg for peeping. I prefer using LR and I'm just exploring various raw converters while waiting for Adobe.

Well, this was a first - Austin City Limits festival with a mirrorless camera and manual focus adapted lenses. I usually show up with my Canon and a 35mm 1.4 L and a 70-200 2.8 IS but this year decided to shed some pounds and give the NEX a shot. Each of the three days I brought the following three lenses:

1. Contax 35mm f/2 G or Contax 28mm f/2.8 C/Y mount - I switched between days
2. Minolta Rokkor-X PG 50mm f/1.4
3. Minolta m-mount 90mm f/4

You can see the full set here: ACL 2011 - a set on Flickr

And here are a few of my favs:

Can't rave enough about the 5N. Simply amazing little camera.

FlypenFly

What's wrong with the G21 Biogon?

I've been on a B&W kick recently. However, here is one in color, pretty decent 3D separation for medium distance objects even on APS-C. Contax 45mm F2 G on a 5N.

Michiel Schierbeek

I hope it is allowed but the photographs here just blew me away. I know Las Vegas is a very thankfull non ecological location of course.

But I cannot buy just any camera I like :deadhorse:
Just bought into the Ricoh GXR system, besides my GH2, system for the A12 M module en the 28mm module.
I was gonne wait for the NEX7 :(

Exiting times!

Michiel

scho

Well, this was a first - Austin City Limits festival with a mirrorless camera and manual focus adapted lenses. I usually show up with my Canon and a 35mm 1.4 L and a 70-200 2.8 IS but this year decided to shed some pounds and give the NEX a shot. Each of the three days I brought the following three lenses:

1. Contax 35mm f/2 G or Contax 28mm f/2.8 C/Y mount - I switched between days
2. Minolta Rokkor-X PG 50mm f/1.4
3. Minolta m-mount 90mm f/4
99386ba7f_b.jpg[/IMG]

Can't rave enough about the 5N. Simply amazing little camera.
Nice work with the 5N Showperformance.
I've been on a B&W kick recently. However, here is one in color, pretty decent 3D separation for medium distance objects even on APS-C. Contax 45mm F2 G on a 5N.
]
Nice. I like the B&W conversions.

scho

Just a test shot with the CV 75mm f/2.5 Color-Heliar at f/4 on the 5N. Shot in raw, processed in C1 v6.3 with default parameters, and exported as quarter size jpeg.

Ocean

Senior Subscriber Member
I didn't get a chance to cut the plastic pegs on the G21 Biogon.

All the images below are taken with Contax G lenses (G28 at f11, G45 at f5.6, and G90 at f4). I'm really glad that I kept all the G lenses, especially the G28.

etrigan63

BTW, I was reading the release notes on the latest version of Capture One Pro (6.3.1) and they already have support for all of the new NEX cameras (including the NEX-7) and the A77 & A65 RAW formats.

This will need tweaking as the final format of the NEX-7 materializes, but i am itching to try it out!

UPDATE: I can read A77 RAW files but not NEX-7. Oh well.

ustein

Contributing Editor
Here sone images with different lenses. I think I get a hang on the NEX-5N (the EVF is crucial for me).

Last edited:

scho

Here sone images with different lenses. I think I get a hang on the NEX-5N (the EVF is crucial for me).
Very nice images Uwe. I agree about the EVF and they seem to be getting better with each iteration. Still prefer built-in as opposed to an attachment, but I can get by with this one until the 7 makes an appearance. That 18-200 looks quite good considering the range.

scho

A rusted piece of equipment near the waterfront trail. NEX-5N with Contax G 45mm f/2 Planar. Click image below for larger view.