The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Share your best NEX-5N images here

ustein

Contributing Editor
Thanks. The picture is colorized (blend of B&W and color).

By the way just behind the truck is a Highway.

Last edited:

jonoslack

Uwe - I really like the truck a lot. Something about the detail in the truck combined with your chosen aperture works for me (not too OOF in the background).
Hi Uwe
+1 on the truck - great shot. mine hasn't arrived, but I'm pretty occupied with the A77, so I guess I'll survive until next weekend :D

ustein

Contributing Editor
This is kind of a swiss army knife zoom. Of course not as good as primes but not sure how often it really matters.

I am very much surprised (positive).

Michiel Schierbeek

Love the truck too on -Casa de Fruta -. The whole series are nice!

I think/hope that 18-200 zoom will be much better balanced on the Nex7.

Michiel

ustein

Contributing Editor
Holding the 18-200mm with NEX-5n is no problem for me (have smallish hands though).

Here is my setup which I use for video. Zacuto grip:

ustein

Contributing Editor
As said the grip is for video and not stills. But I also keep it while shooting stills to be able to switch to video fast.

Last edited:

jonoslack

Not something I'd usually post up, but for a jpeg slightly tweaked in LR it does show off how well the high ISO capabilities of the Nex-5n are..

Shot at ISO 3200

Fashion on Ice - Behind the Scenes with Tara Lipinski & Karolina Kurkova
Gordon Benett . . . look at those teeth!!!
good shot though - and the high ISO is great.
all the best

jonoslack

Well . . . I've always liked Kai's reviews at Digital Rev . . . so I ordered the camera from them late on Thursday night . . . It was delivered in the UK on Monday morning at 10.30.

I find it pretty hard to believe really - ace performance.

. . . i'm not allowed to open it until I've done some work though :(

Terry

Kai is pretty entertaining....and even though there is a lot of "show" he's done his homework in advance and knows what he wants to cover - and the content is usually relevant.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
:ROTFL:
It looks like some kind of ray gun out of star wars!

discrete . . . possibly not!:)
I wish I could go back in time and give one to Cartier-Bresson :cool:

Two years ago in this forum I said the camera would disappear into the lens - this proves I was right. I also made a joke about medical uses of small cameras and got into trouble. But looking at this combination makes me wince :deadhorse:

Keith

jonoslack

I also made a joke about medical uses of small cameras and got into trouble. But looking at this combination makes me wince :deadhorse:

Keith
:ROTFL:
Unless you are a different man from me the NEX 5n would make you wince too.

I was allowed 5 minutes with mine . . so of course I put on the Noctilux 0.95 for a little play with the peaking (after spending 10 irritating minutes working out how to switch it on).

To be honest . . I'm completely gobsmacked f0.95 at 1000 ISO in a darkened room is a revelation.

Now I'm going to have a go with my 35 'lux! (when I've done this bit of work I have to do :eek:)