The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Share your best NEX-5N images here

jonoslack

Oh Dear
Mine seems to have died . . . which presumably means it has to go all the way back to Hong Kong.
It took 250 shots without issue, then it started seizing up when I tried to review an image . . . now it simply says 'no card' whichever card I put in it.
all the best

ustein

Contributing Editor
Oh Dear
Mine seems to have died . . . which presumably means it has to go all the way back to Hong Kong.
It took 250 shots without issue, then it started seizing up when I tried to review an image . . . now it simply says 'no card' whichever card I put in it.
all the best
Ouch.

jonoslack

Well - I've had many sony cameras, and this is the first with any kind of a fault - unlike some other makes I could mention!

Sod's law says that it would be the one that came all the way from Hong Kong, but so it goes.

I'll report back on DigitalRev's customer support later on! I guess I'll have some wait before it's fixed (they're talking of having it back for inspection and repair).

all the best

jonoslack

Great shots from all

Update on my NEX 5n problem.
after behaving oddly and locking up on review, the camera died completely. (trying different batteries / cards etc. had no effect)
I left it for 24 hours whilst getting in touch with DigitalRev.

When I picked it up again and put in the battery it was fixed - back to normal.

DigitalRev customer services seems pretty good, and it's possible to have a real dialog with them, which is great. They suggested that as the camera was less than 4 days old, they should have it back for replacement anyway. So it was posted back this morning (they will refund postage costs up to £60 - it only cost £30).

So - sad to see the camera go back, but DigitalRev have definitely got points so far.

all the best

scho

Two shots with the Contax G 28mm f/2.8 Biogon on the NEX-5N. Exposure info in exif.

Ocean

Senior Subscriber Member
Shot a few skyline shots last night tested the 5n out with my nikkor 14-24mm f2.8. I love this camera and this lens, although they do make for a slightly odd combination.
Beautiful images! How did you change the aperture value of Nikon 14-24/2.8 or these were taken at open aperture?

petetsai

Ocean~ I'm using a nikon G adapter to NEX, so it has ring that allows manual adjustment to the aperture. Right now I'm metering it wide open and then manually stopping it down to the f stop I want.

Here is another shot with 5n I took this week while we still have nice weather...

Street Shooting Tuesday by PeteTsai, on Flickr

Nebster

With Leica 50/2 and 75/2... almost a dream system. I come from Pentax 645D and Canon 1/5 land. Certainly a contender for many, many types of shooting and output targets. Looking forward to the NEX-7 as well.

Really enjoying the Nokton 40mm 1.4 for B/W images...we are doing some remodeling and took these of the crew preparing the foundation support. Don't think they ever had a gringo taking pictures of them while they worked.

Two shots with the Contax G 28mm f/2.8 Biogon on the NEX-5N. Exposure info in exif.
Love the Biogon on the NEX-5N but hate the adapter I had (Fotodiox). It would grind bad and nothing kills the experience worse. But the lens was amazing.

These shots show how sharp it is.

With Leica 50/2 and 75/2... almost a dream system. I come from Pentax 645D and Canon 1/5 land. Certainly a contender for many, many types of shooting and output targets. Looking forward to the NEX-7 as well.
That last shot is one for the family album. Great moment.